Personal Data: refers to any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, through that information.
Processing: refers to any operation which is performed on personal data, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, disclosure, adaptation, alteration, deletion or any kind of disclosure or other use.
Personal information collection
- DNLU-SLJ only collects and uses personal information that is necessary for the processing and publication of manuscripts submitted to us. This information may include names, affiliation and contact details, including postal address, emails, phone numbers and fax numbers. In addition to that, we only collect information relevant to professional research activities, publications, academic activities and specialization(s), editorships and awards. This enables us to provide researchers with high-quality publishing services, such as identifying the most suited expert reviewers for articles or building editorial boards.
- Using personal information Any personal information received by DNLU-SLJ will only be used to:
- process and publish your manuscript
- administer the website
- enable your access to and use of the website services
- process your manuscript
- publish your manuscript
- send to you, communication about your manuscript
- send to you, statements and invoices
- send you other such communications Where DNLU-SLJ discloses your personal information to its agents or contractors for these purposes, the agent or contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, DNLU-SLJ may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
- Other websites DNLU-SLJ is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. Other websites may contain links to the publication of DNLU-SLJ and the Journal will not be responsible for the usage of the same by third parties.
Information when you visit the Website:
This information includes:
- Geo-location data: We record (via IP addresses and time stamp) from where in the world you are accessing the Websites. This does not identify any individual and allows us to consolidate this data to understand where readership is located, and to provide impact metrics services, such as for your article or research topic.
- Log data: Your device may send information to any website you visit. We record this information when you visit the Websites. It includes your IP address, the browser used and its settings, the date and time of your visit, and data on how you used the websites you visited.
- Device information: We collect information about the type of device you are using, its operating system, browser type and version to ensure that the Websites operate properly with your device. The information is sent by your device, and the type of information will vary depending on the device’s manufacturer.
- Information concerning your interactions with us: We remember your interactions with us. This may include emails we receive from you, acceptance of terms and conditions, submission of content, acceptance of reviewer or editor roles, participation in the review process, acceptances and rejections of articles, Frontiers surveys you may complete and any other interaction between you and Frontiers.
Information from Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
- Manage your login preferences,
- Administer the Websites,
- Analyze and improve your experience on the Websites,
- Target our messages so that you only receive information relevant to you.
Cookies do not identify you, but we may link your IP address to a cookie on your browser.
As of 2022, through the cookie banner on the Websites you will be able to either enable or disable the targeting, functional and performance cookies.