About the Journal
Student Law Journal (DNLU-SLJ) is a peer-reviewed, student-run academic journal with the mission of disseminating high-caliber research on law and legal studies from all angles, including comparative, global, and transdisciplinary views. As a flagship initiative of DNLU, the journal was conceptualized to provide a peculiar platform for expression of opinions, thoughts and views of the student fraternity.
Any appropriate theme related to the socio-legal aspect is acceptable.
Manuscripts on any topic of contemporary legal relevance meeting the below-mentioned criteria:
- Long Articles: 4,000-8,000 words
- Short Article: 3,000-4,000
- Case Notes/ Legislative Comments: 2,000-3,000 words
- Book Reviews: 1,000-2,000 words
Note: The word limit is exclusive of the abstract and the footnotes.
- Manuscripts submitted to the Journal must not be co-authored by more than two persons. Authors are permitted to send only one submission per author or a team of co-authors.
- Manuscripts must include an abstract of not more than 300 words. The abstract must highlight the structure and the essence of the manuscript.
- Only 10% plagiarism is allowed in manuscripts.
- Authors are requested to strictly adhere to the Submission Guidelines.
- All the submissions must comply with the Copyright and Open Access Policy.
- Manuscripts not in conformity with the Submission Guidelines may be rejected at the sole discretion of the Editorial Board. The Editorial Board reserves the right to send the manuscripts back to the authors for any modification(s) at any stage, in the event of non-conformity with any of the submission guidelines.
- The Editorial Board may, in its absolute discretion, waive any of the above rules or amend the process. In case of any dispute or ambiguity, the decision of the Editorial Board shall be final and binding.
- Main title: Times New Roman, Size 14, small capitals, centre aligned, in bold.
- Headings within the main body: Times New Roman, Size 12, upper case, left aligned, in bold.
- Subheadings within the main body: Times New Roman, Size 12, title case, left aligned, in italics.
- The authors must conform to the 4th Edition of OSCOLA rules of citation. Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, with Font Size 10 and 1.0 line spacing.
How to Submit?
- Submissions must be made only through the electronic form available below.
- Submissions made through any other medium, including by way of emails, shall not be considered for review by the Editorial Board.
- All the submissions must be in (.docx) format. They must be word processed and compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 or above.
- The manuscript should not contain any information that can be used to identify the author. All the relevant details must be mentioned only within the form attached.
- Authors shall receive an email acknowledging the receipt of their manuscript within ten days of receiving the entry. If the same is not received, authors can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions must be made on or before 15th March, 2023.